Friday, May 6, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-Up: May 2-6, 2016

Sorry about last week's update. I was feeling insecure. I keep forgetting that the primary person I write these for is me, if for no other reason than to have a record to draw from for my annual Christmas letter.

Moving on.

Train & Multiply

This was another busy week. We're really ramping things up, trying to get our ducks in a row for the India training. We essentially have to do the same materials in four languages, and it's never a simple process.

Early this week, I worked on tagging the handouts that will be given to 7,000 people. The tags allow us to put the translation in the correct space so that we don't have to reformat for every language. Once that was done, I went back to retagging the new Student Activity Guide.

Then I had to finalize the full volume that will be printed and bound in the coming weeks. There are five booklets, SAG instructions and activities, and handouts. It seems so simple; yet there's a shocking amount of detail that has to be worked out.

Conference

I ordered one of the photo props on Monday. I'm hoping it turns out really cool. I'm still working on one of the other photo stations - that's going less well.

We had a meeting on Wednesday to catch everyone up on how things are going. I think we're going to have a lot of really great things available to people this year. I would really encourage you to think about attending, even if it's only for one day. You will learn a lot about our president's vision to reach one billion people over the next ten years. You can register here: https://onemissionsociety.org/conference/.

Prayer Rally

A huge thing this week was our regular prayer rally on Wednesday. I was planning to attend like normal, and then I got a text at 7:45 that morning. "Any chance you could run prayer rally this morning :-) Ben is at the hospital and Lora and I are still out of town."

Jason normally runs the A/V, but since he was out of town, Ben was going to do it. However, his wife went into labor Wednesday morning, so he obviously couldn't do it.

I was very glad that most of the slides were already completed, but I did have to add quite a few for the speakers. I've run A/V before, but not usually for three hours, and not for something like prayer rally. Everyone was really cool about the change, and I think things went well. I'm glad I was available and knew what I was doing.

Other

I mentioned before that we're essentially doing two versions of Outreach now. I've been working on proofing the online version. It's double the pages, but still on the theme of outreach to Muslim. It's a great issue, and you can read it here: http://www.joomag.com/en/newsstand/oms-outreach-sep-dec-2015/0149935001441293200.

I took today as a funding day. I need to get a letter out and make some calls. It's great that OMS gives us the opportunity to take days periodically to work on funding. It's in their best interest, really. If we're not funded, we can't do our jobs.


No comments:

Post a Comment