Friday, July 22, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-Up: July 18-22, 2016

Do you ever look back on a week and just think: what in the world did I do? This week was definitely like playing a pachinko machine. I bounced from one thing to the next and then back again.

On Monday, we recorded two radio ads for the Bibles for Cuba project. Technically, we can say Cuba now. Sort of. But you can hear the fruit of our labors here. I advised the writer a bit, but it's nice to not have to do a lot other than record and coach. You can also give to the project here. 

We've been working on sorting out app tags this week. They have to be correct, because when we start pushing other languages into the app, everything has to go in the correct place. It's no good to have a T&M app that only works in English. And of course we're still meeting every morning to hash out what needs to be done.

On Tuesday, I brought in my swords to give my spiritual warfare TED talk. I've only just now decided to call it that. But that's pretty much what it is. I talk about my swords and the importance of Scripture for roughly ten minutes and then spend the rest of the day worrying about how the swords are being handled. People seemed to really like them this year. I got a lot of compliments. And I got to debut my new purchase - the battle axe! I'll try to find a picture and post it soon.

We've also been making changes to booklet 32. Since we changed booklet 5, we had to also change all of the booklets that deal with evangelism. I basically wrote three new paragraphs for the book, along with a few other parts.

It would be nice to be done with the English now.

The big thing this week was the commissioning service for the cross-trainers. I ran tech for them, which is both more and less involved than it sounds. It's fairly easy when people assume you know what you're doing. It gets more difficult when people have 'helpful' advice. Or last-minute changes. But I don't mind doing it. It makes me feel needed.

So. That was essentially my week, minus a few smaller projects. Now, I must endeavor to stay cool while hanging out at the Brickyard. That's right, baby dolls - I have Brickyard 400 tickets.

Well. My mom does. But same difference.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment