Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-up: December 11-19, 2016

Well, then.

I didn't forget last week's wrap-up. I just knew I'd only be in two days this week, so I delayed it a bit. The end of the year is always full - finishing up last minute projects, clearing your desk so you don't come back to a mess, planning to do things better next year so you're not so stressed when your goals haven't been achieved...

You know, the usual.

It figures that my training would ramp up just as everything else is winding down. We finally decided to take me through an entire project from start to finish so I know all the steps and can document it for future production people. To that end, we're actually doing both Spanish and Portuguese. A lot of people use Spanish with the booklets, and we needed to update it, so that seems like a good place to start. Plus, they don't use a lot of odd characters or fonts. Makes life easier.

I'm glad I did these this year. I was looking back over my blog while writing my Christmas letter, and it really hit home that, while it doesn't always seem like it, I actually did accomplish a lot this year. You have to keep track of the little things because that's where the real change shows up. Sure, I still live in the same place, still no change in my relationship status, family is still around, but as I don't actually want any of those things to change, these are not bad things.

So. I may do another blog post before 2016 ends, but until then, I want to wish you a very merry Christmas! Be cool, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment