Friday, December 2, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-Up: November 28 - December 2, 2016

I've never Britished as hard as I Britished today.

But more on that later.

If I didn't have ADD before this week, I would be inclined to believe I have it now. I have gone back and forth and between projects so many times, it ain't even funny. That should tell you a couple of things.

A) I have a ton of projects up in the air right now. Like, seriously. My to-do list could be a dollar store receipt.

2) Most of these projects are not capable of holding interest for long periods of time. So, so boring. Essential. But boring.

Quark) Holiday stress is upon us.

So.

I wrote a radio ad this week. We're still promoting the eight Christmas projects for OMS. Not sure if we'll end up using it, but we needed an idea springboard. I also need to work on one for January. We're promoting the SHEEP ministry. I need to get all of the baaad jokes out before I can take it seriously.

Have you ever read legalese? Contracts, agreements, loans, etc? (If you haven't, you really should.) Anyway, it's technical and important, and wording matters a lot. I'm trying to condense the T&M agreements, but it's hard to do that and make sure I have all of the pertinent details without the verbose language.

We're finally moving forward in a grand way on the landing page for T&M. This will be a great resource for everyone who comes into contact with our materials. It also frees us up from dealing with a lot of standard requests.

And our donation page is back up and running! Donations help us pay translators in order to move things along.

One of our big jobs is actually research. Wycliffe in particular has some really great resources for translation (naturally), so we interface with them and others in similar situations. We also have developers building new programs to aid in the translation process.

One of the programs we're trying to speed along is our CRM. (Oh, the acronyms are back.) CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management. Basically, it's how we optimize the way we interact with our constituents. Otherwise known as a database.

Theoretically, OMS is going to have one big CRM for the whole organization. This is optimal. But we've kinda been stuck up a creek without one, and it'll be another year at least until the new one is up and running. So we're trying out some free options. To that end, I've been working on compiling some records so we can test how things work.

Which brings me to my Britishness. Possibly Canadianish.

We have to assign particular codes to people so we know how they are classified. One such code is C-ZZZ. In speaking to our IT guy, I told him to classify certain people as "C Triple Zed."

Zed, of course, is how Britishers the world over pronounce the letter Z.

I didn't even think about it.

I'm such a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment