Friday, January 13, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 4-13, 2017

Can I just say that it's a huge adjustment being back in the office after roughly two weeks away? There are so many things that you've forgotten or overlooked or straight up ignored that are now front and center. Of course, that also means that you're definitely not lacking for work to do, which I suppose could be a problem for people whose projects ended in December.

So. I finished processing the new Spanish translation for booklet groups 1 and 2. Did I tell you we divided them up into groups? We did that a while back so we could have more control of what translators were getting and when. Also, if we divide them up according to what is used most often, we get the booklets they need out faster. And we also looked at word count so they aren't doing four 5,000-word booklets at once.

Anyway, it also helps the work flow for us as we process them. Doing them in groups helps us measure how much time we're spending on things.

Once Spanish was done, I moved on to groups 1 and 2 of Portuguese. It's another Latin-based language, so it is pretty simple to format. The only problem is the length of words in Portuguese is about 6% more than English. And you wouldn't think that's a lot, but there are some booklets that I had to add an extra page to in order to accommodate the overset text.

What else? Oh, we had a global prayer rally on Wednesday. It was quite packed with lots of information from around the world. If you want to view it, just click here. It was live streamed, which was quite interesting as we've never done anything on that scale before. I was there in person, but I also streamed it to make sure everything was in tip top shape.

Our staff briefing on Monday was actually brief. No kidding. It was 24 minutes. I was in a state of shock the rest of the morning.

I had a lot of meetings last week. Mostly follow-up to stuff we've talked about in the past. We're going to start working on some new videos for ECC, probably including something for T&M. We also talked about the app, which will be updated soon. We're trying to increase the usage, which takes a lot of marketing, some of which I will be doing as I run the Facebook page for T&M.

People are sending in their reports, so I have to compile that information. Lots of good stuff happening around the world, so that's exciting.

I'm really hoping this is a good year for T&M. We've laid a pretty good foundation. Now we have to start building. I think we're ready for something great!

No comments:

Post a Comment