Friday, January 27, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 23-27, 2017

Sometimes, when you replace paragraphs in an already prepared document, everything lines up nice and neat.

Sometimes, such as when you're working with Estonian, it throws everything off BY A WHOLE FREAKING PAGE!!!!

I'm okay now. Barely.

Seriously, though, this is really frustrating.

This whole week continued the trend from last week, actually. I'm feeling a lot of pressure from a lot of sources. I feel like I'm caught in the middle of some of them. Some are my own fault because I can't leave well enough alone. Some I have no control over whatsoever.

So, basically, life.

I really am better now. I finished Estonian and moved back to Spanish. We've finally ironed out the process (mostly), so we can move from project to project like a well-oiled machine. This is good because when we have 25 projects going full-time, we'll need that experience. It's hard enough with 8-9 in the queue.

My longest meeting this week was 1.5 hours. I had another that was just under that. And of course, my daily morning meeting. Then another one I didn't have scheduled.

But I learned a new part of the process! It's a small one, but important to the job. I've decided to do my own documentation of the process. Which might sound weird, because I feel like we document it everywhere. We have a zillion Trello boards, Google Drive documents, Excel files... And they aren't bad. They just aren't perfect for me. So I'm going to see if I can articulate it for myself and then find a way to make it work for everyone.

Chapel was good this week. We heard about China on Tuesday. Lots of really cool things happening, along with many things to pray for. I missed Thursday because I was trying to fix a problem with the Estonian files. But it sounded good. I hate missing. I don't usually, but I usually spend my morning's talking to Veronica. She lives in the UK, so morning for me means afternoon for her. Makes life interesting sometimes.

Hey, if my job sounds interesting, we're looking for more people. I'll teach you everything you need to know. Sound good? Contact us at go@onemissionsociety.org.

Caio!

No comments:

Post a Comment