Friday, May 19, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: May 15-19, 2017

Have you ever had 1,000 wasps whirling around your head, following your every move, locking onto you as you walk in slow motion down the street, desperately trying to avoid eye contact and the inevitable dive bomb as your life flashes before your eyes and you realize just how many bad haircuts you actually had over the years, and only a few of them were your fault because taking the advice of someone you trust does not constitute a binding contract of taking the blame for acting on their suggestions, no matter what that loser says.

...

What was I talking about?


Oh yeah. Drones.

See it up there? That little white hovercraft of death? Yeah, apparently drones can lock onto specific people now. I became one such person earlier this week when we had to do more filming for the funding video (which you'll see Sunday if you come to the open house).

Seriously, though, it's really weird to be followed around by a drone that is filming you and not look or react to it. More proof I could never cut it in Hollywood, I suppose. "Act casual around the death machine" would probably turn into me giggling uncontrollably.


I sang again for chapel on Tuesday. My hand is blurry because I was trying to keep track of the time signature. It's hard to enforce it with just a piano, especially when you're singing a well-known song like "Be Thou My Vision." I learned some kickin' new harmonies for it, though.

Aside from a quick side trip to Chick-Fil-A for a drink I can't actually drink-


... it was free, don't judge me. Anyway, aside from that, I've been working on Portuguese most of the week. I'm in group 5, taking it from formatting to proof stage. It's quite a bit of work, but also quite fun. Lots of speech bubbles doing weird things.

I also took a space journey this week. Apparently, members of a team can answer all these questions about a hypothetical space journey in order to determine how everyone works in a team. Like a personality assessment, I suppose. I like these things, I really do, but they hardly ever have an option I'm 100% on board with. I guess that tells you a lot about me already. But I scored high on integrity, so that's good.

Overall, it was a good week. I'll see you on the flip side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment