Friday, May 12, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: May 8-12, 2017

Alas and alack, another week has past.

"Time passes so slowly if you are unaware of it and so quickly if you are aware of it." - Marc Bolan

That's neither here nor there. I'm just being pretentious.

Anyway. Regular meetings on Monday morning. I'm resigned to them, I think. They are mostly useful, and Sarah and I can commiserate when they are not, so it's really a win-win for me.

On Monday afternoon, I did something a bit different. I've commissioned a new video to aid in my funding efforts. This will hopefully debut during the open house here at OMS, so if you weren't planning on coming before, this will no doubt incentivize you.

In fact, as I type this, my cameraman is filming me typing away industriously. Say hello, Michael.


I finally finished finalizing group 3 of Hindi and created proof files. I'm now starting on group 5 of Portuguese. I know, I know what you're thinking - Portuguese? Again?

Yes. We're making great progress, speeding right along. It's a good thing.

I also did some voice recording for our latest radio ad, which I will post when it is approved. I think it's fun. It highlights One Mission Kids, which is also the subject of the latest issue of Outreach magazine.

Finally, on Wednesday I attended the funeral for Phil Chandler, the gentleman I mentioned last week. It was a lovely service, and it served to hit home just how much Phil did around here. Phil spent his life in service of God and others. He's a real inspiration.

I'm not sure people would say such nice things about me at my own funeral. But I'd be dead, so I wouldn't care.

Anyway. I told you last week I'm a little weird about death, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment