Friday, May 5, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: May 1-5, 2017

Parlez vous Francais?

Non?

Good, because French was so five days ago.

Well, okay. I finished French on Tuesday.

Same difference.

While I waited for a new project to come down the pipeline, I worked on some outside stuff. I created a mockup of hopefully the final iteration of the new landing page. Caught up on documentation of processes and progress. The us yuge yuzh... I don't know how to spell what my brain is wanting to say. The usual stuff.

Ugh.

So boring.

Anyway, my next project is an old friend. Hindi! We've progressed to the third group, and I'm so excited to search for lone ranger Hindi periods.

It's those stick-looking things. That indicates the end of a sentence in Hindi, but they often get wrapped to the next line. I don't actually know if that's a problem in this language, but it looks weird to me, so I fix it. Along with everything else. 

Finally, this week, we lost a member of our OMS family. It's been coming for a while, but I don't think anyone expected it this soon. Phil has been with OMS pretty much forever. He's practically an institution around here. So we're all a little subdued. 

I'm really bad with death. Perhaps another time, after copious amounts of alcohol, I can expand upon that. In the meantime, we appreciate your prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment