Friday, August 25, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: August 21-25, 2017

Technically, I suppose, this also covers last week as well. I wasn't in on Friday, so I didn't write a blog post. I took the day to do some work at home. It was a good day. The rest of the week was mostly spent on French and more doctor visits and lots of meetings. Oh, and I went to the State Fair on Tuesday. That was fun.

But we're back to business this week. Monday was pretty much entirely meetings from 8:30 to 4:00. (It was very difficult to get steps in that day.) I finished up French then and worked on Outreach proofs. It's always a nice change of pace.

I also did a little impromptu work on the fellowship hall. We're redoing it (and when I say we, I really mean other people with me offering an unsolicited opinion), so on my way through, I occasionally pick up a scraper or something. I'm sure it's not at all annoying for our dedicated crew of professionals. Of course, this also means no chapel for a few weeks. It's weird, I'm so used to being there Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00. Also, I hadn't realized that chapels seem to be the only time I see certain people.

My latest project is Hakha Chin. I've worked on it before, but we had to change the font, so we're going back over everything to make sure it's copacetic. Which it's not. There's a glyph missing, and it's pretty prominent, so I'm muddling through as best I can while I wait for the head of production to tell me how to fix it. Although I did just add four pages to a 52-page document, so we'll see how well that goes.

Aaaaand, that's about it. Time to hit the reset button and get rested up so I can do it all again next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment