Friday, June 1, 2018

The Weekly Wrap-Up: May 29-June 1, 2018

See, Ashleigh, this is why I write things down. Because when I don't, I don't remember the interesting little tidbits I tell myself I'll remember to share.

Short week. Last week was even shorter, because I took three days off to see my nephew graduate and spend some time with my sister and her family. We had a really nice time in Michigan, minus the MOUSs - Mosquitos of Unusual Size. I'm not sure there is a part of my body that didn't get eaten. Oh well. It was still a nice time. My dad and I stayed in our camper instead of enjoying the air conditioning (or heat in the evenings), soft beds, and lack of coyotes barking. But it was probably worth it.

Here's a lovely picture of my nephew and I:


I'm not sure how we ended up so off-center, but we're still adorable. (I am 100% certain on how we ended up off-center. I'm just trying to be nice.)

So, I rolled back into town on Monday. And look, I like that I have vacation hours. I like taking time off to visit family. It's nice to get away from work. But I don't ever take time off to just rest. It's always because I'm doing something. Whether it's visiting the family or celebrating a holiday or doing deputation, I have never just taken a week off and stayed put. And I'm starting to feel it. I desperately want to just take a week and relax. Maybe stay in a hotel and veg. Even just sit in the sun and read.

But I won't. Because I have five projects in queue in addition to the one I'm working on now. And that's not likely to change anytime soon. (Do you all realize that the word queue is just the letter q with four useless letters 'lined up' behind it?)

This week's project is Hakha Chin. Do you ever get tired of hearing me talk about Hakha Chin? It's a good thing I look at other languages in between working on groups of Hakha Chin, because if I didn't, I might go a little stir crazy. Er. Crazier.

We're entering the people months. Whole months where people come and go like we're a revolving door. It's unsettling. At least for someone like me. It was worse when I was in Communications. In ECC, my job largely doesn't change. Except there are people. And it's a conference year. So I'm actually required to interact with them.

We shall prevail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment