Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Year of Thankfulness

So this year, 2019, I made the goal of writing down one thing every day for which I was thankful. I wasn't sure I would keep up with it, but to my great surprise and pleasure, I exceeded my own low expectations. Below, you will find the list of things I was thankful for every day. Some of them I remember context for, while others are now lost to the sands of time. I tried to be very genuine about each thing, and while there are some duplicates, they were always things that pertained to that particular day. I also discovered that my handwriting is quite lacking, as there were a few entries I had to ask others to attempt to translate. There may be a few placeholders when I failed to decipher the scribbles. If you have questions about any, leave the date in a comment; I'll try to fill in my thought process for that given date.

And now, without further ado, my thankfulness diary of 2019.


January 1 - I am thankful for family that puts up with most of my idiosyncracies.
January 2 - I am thankful for people who encourage me to simplify life.
January 3 - I am thankful for Marie Kondo. She is an inspiration.
January 4 - I am thankful for my Assassin's Creed sweater.
January 5 - I am thankful for side jobs that provide additional income.
January 6 - I am thankful for a super productive weekend and somewhat questionable archery.
January 7 - I am thankful for double checking and my OCD.
January 8 - I am thankful for all the single ladies! (All the single ladies!)
January 9 - I am thankful for a good chat with Steve today.
January 10 - I am thankful I got to know Sophie better today.
January 11 - I am thankful for people who update the project progress file correctly.
January 12 - I am thankful for snow I don't have to be out in.
January 13 - I am thankful for Sarah and Ashleigh who are awkward and delightful.
January 14 - I am thankful for a free Chick-fil-a cookie for my birthday.
January 15 - I am thankful for purple pants power!
January 16 - I am thankful for bountiful birthday blessings.
January 17 - I am thankful for hot pink on a dreary day.
January 18 - I am thankful for crafts that require little brain power.
January 19 - I am thankful for meteorologists even when they are horribly wrong.
January 20 - I am thankful for quiet days.
January 21 - I am thankful for technology.
January 22 - I am thankful for dinner invites with friends.
January 23 - I am thankful for the basics (this is as hard as I thought it would be).
January 24 - I am thankful for bad days that end.
January 25 - I am thankful for a job well done.
January 26 - I am thankful for the opportunity to support Esther as she witnessed to Franklin.
January 27 - I am thankful for sample sizes of unhealthy stuff so I can sate the temptation to buy.
January 28 - I am thankful for friendly Indian restaurants and trying new things.
January 29 - I am thankful I got my notes done before opening my email.
January 30 - I am thankful for a reminder of the history of OMS.
January 31 - I am thankful that this month is over.

February 1 - I am thankful for how God works even before we know what is needed.
February 2 - I am thankful for the first day of windows down/heat blasting driving.
February 3 - I am thankful for friends who make boring things like the Super Bowl fun.
February 4 - I am thankful for normal days.
February 5 - I am thankful for Sarah and her trust in me.
February 6 - I am thankful for lunch with friends and National Froyo Day.
February 7 - I am thankful for godly missionaries who don't take advantage of those in their care.
February 8 - I am thankful for Sarah, who listens to me rant.
February 9 - I am thankful for new stores and a challenge to myself.
February 10 - I am thankful for pretty snow and good brakes.
February 11 - I am thankful for well-made tamales.
February 12 - I am thankful for fresh garlic.
February 13 - I am thankful for Steve even when I don't want to talk.
February 14 - I am thankful that being single is not a hardship.
February 15 - I am thankful for the companionship pets provide.
February 16 - I am thankful for dog kennels.
February 17 - I am thankful for service workers who like their jobs and are friendly.
February 18 - I am thankful for measured discussion and a desire to make things better.
February 19 - I am thankful for a warm bed.
February 20 - I am thankful for my new autobiography title: I got reprimanded, but I did it anyway.
February 21 - I am thankful for millennials.
February 22 - I am thankful for new lunch buddies and board games with Ashleigh.
February 23 - I am thankful for not being in a cult.
February 24 - I am thankful for interesting podcasts.
February 25 - I am thankful for wacky high dreams that are just weird.
February 26 - I am thankful for the new millennial lunch.
February 27 - I am thankful for the excellent chapel message from the president of CONIM.
February 28 - I am thankful for life.

March 1 - I am thankful for well-trained dogs.
March 2 - I am thankful for friends who also kind of drive me crazy.
March 3 - I am thankful for flexible schedules.
March 4 - I am thankful for random song interludes from Sarah.
March 5 - I am thankful for godly men who live lives in service.
March 6 - I am thankful for the B.U.S.
March 7 - I am thankful for for people who love Marvel as much as I do and for Addie's friendship.
March 8 - I am thankful for drugs.
March 9 - I am thankful for the first spring rain.
March 10 - I am thankful for a relatively easy transition to a ridiculous construct of idiocy.
March 11 - I am thankful for the zig-a-zig-ah.
March 12 - I am thankful for people who navigate awkward situations better than I.
March 13 - I am thankful for freedom.
March 14 - I am thankful for pie!
March 15 - I am thankful for quiet days.
March 16 - I am thankful for fresh samosas.
March 17 - I am thankful I live close enough to Lexi to go home at night.
March 18 - I am thankful for life.
March 19 - I am thankful I get to go home.
March 20 - I am thankful for pulled pork.
March 21 - I am thankful for lemon poppyseed muffins.
March 22 - I am thankful Spanish is done!
March 23 - I am thankful for visits from my parents.
March 24 - I am thankful for little deviations from routine that don't freak me out.
March 25 - I am thankful for fajitas.
March 26 - I am thankful for the opportunity to get to know coworkers better at lunch and for a new kukri!
March 27 - I am thankful for the history of OMS.
March 28 - I am thankful for warm days and a successful name change at Chick-fil-a.
March 29 - I am thankful for payday.
March 30 - I am thankful I keep boots in my car.
March 31 - I am thankful for productive days.

April 1 - I am thankful I'm nobody's fool.
April 2 - I am thankful for "Endgame" tickets.
April 3 - I am thankful for people who curb my petty nature.
April 4 - I am thankful for days when I can walk outside.
April 5 - I am thankful for the onset of Spring!
April 6 - I am thankful for good friends and a wonderful family.
April 7 - I am thankful Sarah joined me in speaking at the church.
April 8 - I am thankful for the occasional cheeseburger.
April 9 - I am thankful for new dance moves!
April 10 - I am thankful that Steve asks random questions.
April 11 - I am thankful the roof hasn't caved in yet.
April 12 - I am thankful for Ashleigh and Susan.
April 13 - I am thankful for medical professionals.
April 14 - I am thankful for relaxing yet productive days.
April 15 - I am thankful I don't speak Japanese.
April 16 - I am thankful for a soft, warm bed.
April 17 - I am thankful for Easter eggs.
April 18 - I am thankful for "they have tortillas now?!"
April 19 - I am thankful for Jesus.
April 20 - I am thankful for Mama.
April 21 - I am thankful for the gift of salvation.
April 22 - I am thankful for new people.
April 23 - I am thankful for heartburn medicine.
April 24 - I am thankful for my minions and good friends.
April 25 - I am thankful for Marvel and the Avengers!
April 26 - I am thankful for craft night with Lori.
April 27 - I am thankful I had the foresight to buy another ticket.
April 28 - I am thankful for alternate laundry options.
April 29 - I am thankful for peace and quiet.
April 30 - I am thankful I can finally start training Trista.

May 1 - I am thankful there is a God of the universe.
May 2 - I am thankful for my DSLR.
May 3 - I am thankful for technology, even when it is crazy slow.
May 4 - I am thankful for birthday surprises.
May 5 - I am thankful for easy articles.
May 6 - I am thankful for artichokes even if I don't know how to eat them.
May 7 - I am thankful for rude people who make decisions easier for me.
May 8 - I am thankful my computer didn't shut down again.
May 9 - I am thankful for cute clothes.
May 10 - I am thankful for opportunities to unload.
May 11 - I am thankful for Nathan and Stephanie.
May 12 - I am thankful for my superhero Mom.
May 13 - I am thankful for sleep.
May 14 - I am thankful for good friends and hard work.
May 15 - I am thankful for a God who cares about people who are complete tools.
May 16 - I am thankful for thunderstorms.
May 17 - I am thankful for garage sales.
May 18 - I am thankful for my status as Supreme Overlord.
May 19 - I am thankful for sleep.
May 20 - I am thankful for Marvel Mondays.
May 21 - I am thankful for soft, warm wraps.
May 22 - I am thankful for people who express vulnerability better than I.
May 23 - I am thankful for sweet dogs.
May 24 - I am thankful for my story.
May 25 - I am thankful for air conditioning.
May 26 - I am thankful for no rain.
May 27 - I am thankful for all who made the choice to serve.
May 28 - I am thankful for time to be introverted.
May 29 - I am thankful for clean desks.
May 30 - I am thankful for new water heaters.
May 31 - I am thankful for the end to long short weeks.

June 1 - I am thankful for beautiful and productive days.
June 2 - I am thankful for warm cookies.
June 3 - I am thankful for Jeremy Renner.
June 4 - I am thankful for walking buddies.
June 5 - I am thankful Steve lets me swear.
June 6 - I am thankful for busy, thought-free days.
June 7 - I am thankful for free Target stuff.
June 8 - I am thankful for gorgeous days.
June 9 - I am thankful for lists when packing.
June 10 - I am thankful for Chris Evans' acting skills.
June 11 - I am thankful for smooth flights and first class seating.
June 12 - I am thankful for lessons of the past.
June 13 - I am thankful for mountains and valleys.
June 14 - I am thankful for sunshine.
June 15 - I am thankful for beautiful homes and good garage sales.
June 16 - I am thankful for my dad and time with family.
June 17 - I am thankful for clear skies and beautiful scenery.
June 18 - I am thankful for safe travels and my own bed.
June 19 - I am thankful for new cats!
June 20 - I am thankful for prayer letters that flow.
June 21 - I am thankful for decent diet food.
June 22 - I am thankful for people with common interests.
June 23 - I am thankful for time management.
June 24 - I am thankful for the Marvel Monday crew.
June 25 - I am thankful for road trips with Sarah.
June 26 - I am thankful for surprise baseball games.
June 27 - I am thankful for sturdy chairs.
June 28 - I am thankful for extra cash and Lilly.
June 29 - I am thankful for not dying of heat stroke at the 5K or the wedding.
June 30 - I am thankful for furniture that is easy to put together.

July 1 - I am thankful for excellent friends who tell poop stories to make others laugh.
July 2 - I am thankful for new computers.
July 3 - I am thankful for a free (with opinion) lunch.
July 4 - I am thankful I live in a free country.
July 5 - I am thankful for opportunities to get to know Gloria more.
July 6 - I am thankful for the time I had with Noor.
July 7 - I am thankful for pool days.
July 8 - I am thankful for the Marvel crew.
July 9 - I am thankful for a cheap-ish utility bill.
July 10 - I am thankful for air conditioning.
July 11 - I am thankful for dual screens.
July 12 - I am thankful for beautiful weather.
July 13 - I am thankful for beautiful animals.
July 14 - I am thankful for relaxing days.
July 15 - I am thankful that Sarah is back.
July 16 - I am thankful for rain even when it keeps me from baseball games.
July 17 - I am thankful for Marvel nights at the Christners.
July 18 - I am thankful for French transfiles.
July 19 - I am thankful for nights on my own.
July 20 - I am thankful for cat harnesses.
July 21 - I am thankful for time management.
July 22 - I am thankful for sharp objects.
July 23 - I am thankful for fresh veggies in abundance.
July 24 - I am thankful for long walks outside.
July 25 - I am thankful for pet owners returning home.
July 26 - I am thankful for Google sync, even if they do become Skynet.
July 27 - I am thankful for new antique stores providing new knives.
July 28 - I am thankful for pools and sunscreen.
July 29 - I am thankful for rain and umbrellas.
July 30 - I am thankful for crunchy leaves.
July 31 - I am thankful for spurts of productivity in the morning.

August 1 - I am thankful for opportunities to voice my opinion.
August 2 - I am thankful for adequate women's healthcare.
August 3 - I am thankful for lazy days.
August 4 - I am thankful for sleep when I get it.
August 5 - I am thankful for understanding friends.
August 6 - I am thankful for health care. No, really. Grr.
August 7 - I am thankful for beautiful soundtracks.
August 8 - I am thankful for a wonderful mother.
August 9 - I am thankful for people willing to buy other people's junk.
August 10 - I am thankful for Goodwill taking the rest of my junk.
August 11 - I am thankful for fair food.
August 12 - I am thankful for an overly thorough filing system.
August 13 - I am thankful for speed shutters on cameras.
August 14 - I am thankful for random questions about zombies.
August 15 - I am thankful for thoughtful friends.
August 16 - I am thankful for a new office arrangement.
August 17 - I am thankful for pouring rain.
August 18 - I am thankful for my side hustle.
August 19 - I am thankful for guacamole and chips.
August 20 - I am thankful for new songs to sing.
August 21 - I am thankful for final say before publishing.
August 22 - I am thankful for a low impact job.
August 23 - I am thankful for Ashleigh's friendship.
August 24 - I am thankful for fun board games and overpriced snacks.
August 25 - I am thankful for overcoming the tyranny of the alarm.
August 26 - I am thankful for other people's pets.
August 27 - I am thankful for breezy, blustery days.
August 28 - I am thankful for Marvel taking over 1/3 of my life.
August 29 - I am thankful for a good night's sleep.
August 30 - I am thankful for convenient fast food joints.
August 31 - I am thankful for clear, concise instructions.

September 1 - I am thankful for good food and fellowship.
September 2 - I am thankful for my parents.
September 3 - I am thankful for fun and thoughtful cards.
September 4 - I am thankful for people who respect privacy.
September 5 - I am thankful for chickpeas and feta cheese.
September 6 - I am thankful for modern medicine.
September 7 - I am thankful for modern plumbing.
September 8 - I am thankful for Trista's safe travels.
September 9 - I am thankful for hot nights and cool apartments.
September 10 - I am thankful for adorable rescue dogs who let me pet them.
September 11 - I am thankful for those who do not forget.
September 12 - I am thankful for safe nighttime travels.
September 13 - I am thankful for a flexible schedule.
September 14 - I am thankful for old homes that have been beautifully restored.
September 15 - I am thankful for people who serve their community.
September 16 - I am thankful for the variety of available food.
September 17 - I am thankful for days to work in the dark.
September 18 - I am thankful for beautiful Fall weather.
September 19 - I am thankful for Sarah's safe return.
September 20 - I am thankful for craft nights with the girls.
September 21 - I am thankful for productive days.
September 22 - I am thankful for cute dresses and honey sesame chicken.
September 23 - I am thankful for friendlier kitties.
September 24 - I am thankful for the honesty that comes with long service.
September 25 - I am thankful for yummy kale recipes.
September 26 - I am thankful for safety on evening walks.
September 27 - I am thankful for cheaper Panera for lunch.
September 28 - I am thankful for slow days with no obligations.
September 29 - I am thankful for modern (free) medicine.
September 30 - I am thankful for safety to go walking in the dark.

October 1 - I am thankful for normal, average days.
October 2 - I am thankful for fun discussions about dessert.
October 3 - I am thankful for Oreo ice cream cake from Esther.
October 4 - I am thankful for new flags in front of the building.
October 5 - I am thankful for a good turnout at the festival.
October 6 - I am thankful for soft, rainy days.
October 7 - I am thankful for inexpensive pizza.
October 8 - I am thankful I can usually work at my own pace.
October 9 - I am thankful for cuddly kitties.
October 10 - I am thankful for fun online videos.
October 11 - I am thankful for no broken bones.
October 12 - I am thankful for antibiotics.
October 13 - I am thankful that I get sick on days when nothing is planned.
October 14 - I am thankful for new glasses. Again.
October 15 - I am thankful for unexpectedly nice days.
October 16 - I am thankful for new holiday decorations.
October 17 - I am thankful for Olive Garden soup, salad, and breadsticks.
October 18 - I am thankful for the new hyperfixation in "Downton Abbey."
October 19 - I am thankful to live in the time of food delivery.
October 20 - I am thankful I can control my claustrophobia.
October 21 - I am thankful for crisp, cold nights for walking.
October 22 - I am thankful for campfires.
October 23 - I am thankful for pajama-themed wedding discussions.
October 24 - I am thankful I occasionally make wise financial decisions.
October 25 - I am thankful for completed projects.
October 26 - I am thankful for minimal injury in helping the Christners move.
October 27 - I am thankful for good fanfiction.
October 28 - I am thankful for my Mama.
October 29 - I am thankful for abundant food.
October 30 - I am thankful for guilt-free potatoes.
October 31 - I am thankful to meet new kitties.

November 1 - I am thankful for yummy popcorn.
November 2 - I am thankful for craft fairs and dad gifts.
November 3 - I am thankful for an extra hour of sleep.
November 4 - I am thankful for mall food.
November 5 - I am thankful for minimal soreness after physical labor.
November 6 - I am thankful for Steve's calming influence.
November 7 - I am thankful for good bbq.
November 8 - I am thankful for progress on lists.
November 9 - I am thankful for packing lists.
November 10 - I am thankful for unexpected visits from family.
November 11 - I am thankful for our veterans.
November 12 - I am thankful for team lunches at Red Sun.
November 13 - I am thankful for amazingly supportive parents.
November 14 - I am thankful for safe travels and breathing exercises.
November 15 - I am thankful for adorable tour guides, couscous tabbouleh, and za'atar fries.
November 16 - I am thankful for hot(!) fire dancers and Elvis Presley.
November 17 - I am thankful for men and women willing to sacrifice for their country.
November 18 - I am thankful for sea breezes and afternoon rain.
November 19 - I am thankful for paved roads and black sand.
November 20 - I am thankful for sunset cruises and blue ocean.
November 21 - I am thankful for not dying in the ocean.
November 22 - I am thankful for the incredible diversity of marine life.
November 23 - I am thankful for people on planes who do not throw up or open smelly cheese.
November 24 - I am thankful for never being a waitress.
November 25 - I am thankful for nice days for a walk.
November 26 - I am thankful for family traditions and fewer stink bugs.
November 27 - I am thankful for unexpected finds at discount prices.
November 28 - I am thankful for shrimp dip and family shenanigans.
November 29 - I am thankful for good doggos and hot tubs.
November 30 - I am thankful for Casa salad and Chinese buffets.

December 1 - I am thankful for people who have good discretion.
December 2 - I am thankful for warm clothes on cold nights.
December 3 - I am thankful for productive days.
December 4 - I am thankful for staff lunches.
December 5 - I am thankful for wardrobe loopholes.
December 6 - I am thankful for free time at retreats.
December 7 - I am thankful for a successful retreat.
December 8 - I am thankful for warm December days.
December 9 - I am thankful that office Christmas parties end.
December 10 - I am thankful for completed Christmas letters.
December 11 - I am thankful for Esther's girls' night in.
December 12 - I am thankful for flexible schedules and flashlights.
December 13 - I am thankful for dumb old movies.
December 14 - I am thankful for the people who supported me in my time of illness.
December 15 - I am thankful for the freedom to do very little and just rest and recuperate.
December 16 - I am thankful for understanding coworkers.
December 17 - I am thankful for a flexible work environment.
December 18 - I am thankful for new drugs.
December 19 - I am thankful for the lovely and talented McFalls.
December 20 - I am thankful for blueberry donut holes.
December 21 - I am thankful for short cuts around last-minute Christmas shoppers.
December 22 - I am thankful all of my wrapping is done!
December 23 - I am thankful for sunshine.
December 24 - I am thankful for pretty lights.
December 25 - I am thankful for the gift of Jesus and for family.
December 26 - I am thankful for post-Christmas sales.
December 27 - I am thankful for the good kind of naps.
December 28 - I am thankful for all the food my parents left from Christmas.
December 29 - I am thankful for different takes on old stories.
December 30 - I am thankful for warm clothing.
December 31 - I am thankful for all the possibility that a new year represents.

No comments:

Post a Comment