Friday, December 13, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: December 2-13, 2019

Is anyone else tired of December, yet? Christmas is supposed to be this magical time of year full of peace and joy and love and togetherness.

I could do with a bit less togetherness.

It's possible I'm slightly bitter that I'm back in Indiana and not still in Hawaii.

Maybe.

But still, a lot has already happened this month, and there's a whole week yet before Christmas.

(Speaking of Hawaii, you probably saw most of the pics I posted if we're friends on Facebook. If not, I do plan to do something on here about the trip, but knowing me, it'll happen next July, so don't sit around waiting for that. But it was an excellent trip. Just what I needed.)

Okay, so upon arriving back in Greenwood on December 1, I jumped back into things with both feet. I was in the office a few days, mostly sloughing through email and figuring out what had been done in my absence. My team was great, though. They did a superb job of completing projects.

Sarah and I also had to do some last minute retreat planning. We'd fortunately done most of it before I left, but there are always those small details that need looking after. We headed out for that on Thursday, and we were at McCormick's Creek State Park until Saturday. Sarah and I did four sessions on the languages of workplace appreciation. I'm pleased to say that we had some excellent dialogue, and everyone seemed to have a good time. (Side note: I got bit by something or a lot of somethings last weekend. Possibly when I was out walking in the woods. I hope not when I was in bed. But its itchy and annoying. Sorry for the TMI.)


On Monday, we had our office Christmas party. We do a lunch now, and then most people get to take the rest of the day off. I say most people because ECC always has a week of planning/budgeting meetings after the retreat. I don't have anything to do with those meetings, but I did stay for a while to work on my Christmas letter and cards (some are in the mail, some will be soon). I also managed to publish a group of French this week and process a proof of three booklets needed for the VCP project, which has its second iteration due next Monday.

On Tuesday, I had a doctor's appointment, at which I got some new meds. They are not going well so far, so you can be praying for that, please.

On Wednesday night, a group of OMS girls hung out with Esther Fetherlin, the president's wife. Some of us also stayed the night. We watched a truly horrendous film on Netflix that had talking cats. It was great.


Then today, we had an ECC ladies get-together at the Dragon's house. We had a nice brunch and then made some crafty things.

So yes, I enjoyed the togetherness. But I will also enjoy this weekend during which I will see as few people as possible.

No offense.

No comments:

Post a Comment