Friday, December 20, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: December 16-20, 2019

It's been interesting to walk around the office each day. All week, there are fewer and fewer people in the building. One of the biggest adjustments after 22 years of living on a school schedule is that there is no summer break, no extended Winter break, no Spring break - none of that. If you want time off, you have to plan for it, and you have a limited amount. Due to my trip to Wyoming in June and then my trip to Hawaii in November, I am a bit low on vacation time. Thus, I have been in the office all week, and I will be in next week, at least on Monday. Not sure about Friday, yet.

First, though, remember when I said I was looking forward to a weekend without people? Well, I got it, but not in a way I really wanted. I woke up at 5:30 on Saturday morning and proceeded to be sick for the next 16 hours. Really sick. The disgusting kind of sick.

Sorry. I'll refrain from describing any more.

Suffice to say, it was an unpleasant weekend. And it took a while to recover, though because I am a masochist, I was actually in the office every day. Mostly away from other people, thank you very much. I try not to share my germs. (Also, the new medication I was on gave me some incredibly horrible side effects. That did not help my recovery. But now I have new ones, so that's good.)

Anyway, sob story aside, I was able to get some stuff done this week. I finally got all of my Christmas letters and supporter gifts out, which took a huge weight off my mind. I hope I do a good job of keeping people involved and informed in this ministry. It's important to me that people know that their contributions are appreciated and stewarded well.

I finally got Castilian off the ground this week! It feels like we've been doing Spanish booklets for as long as we've been working on Train & Multiply itself, and we kinda have. You may recall that we have two versions of Spanish already, but we needed one that catered more to a European audience than a Latin American one. It's important that people feel a familiarity with materials and don't get distracted by language or images that don't fit into their context. We want as few obstacles to sharing the Gospel as possible. So it's nice to be able to start work on Castilian.

We're also moving forward with publishing more English sets. We did African and Universal art first since those are being used in the Village Church Planting volumes, but now we can get started on the European (Art F) version. For many years, this was our standard English set, so it'll be nice to get that back into circulation.

In the meantime, though, it IS actually Christmas next week, and my team is taking some well-deserved time off. I figure I can tie up the rest of the loose ends on Monday and then enjoy the season.

Adeste the heck out of those fideles, ya hear?

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment