Friday, February 5, 2021

The Weekly Wrap-Up: February 1-5, 2020

Bootcamp is over! I can't tell you how proud I am of my little ducklings who led this training for 19 new trainers. The hope is that we'l be able to free up some capacity for future training events without relying on the same few facilitators and tech personnel as always. Realistically, even when travel does open again, we'll still be doing online events, and the more people we have who know what they're doing, the better. 

I learned a new thing this week! Part of our work with Village Church Planting involves creating volumes of Train & Multiply booklets. That means we combine several booklets into one larger book. We have 8 volumes that will ultimately be created, but it takes time. We have to have all of the booklets published before we can created the volume, so in anticipation of this, I had to publish the necessary booklets for Volume 2 of French. Then, I learned how to create a volume. It's not completely done, but I at least have a good idea of what I'm doing now. Like most things with T&M, it's complex but not complicated. 

The rest of the time, I've been working on Indonesian. We're close to publishing the first 3 groups, but you know me, I'm finicky. I'm moving as fast as I can. Fortunately, there aren't many changes to these booklets, so there are fewer things to check. Fun fact! Plural words in Indonesian don't just add an 's' or the equivalent like you would in English. Instead, they double the word. So instead of saying, "I bought pens and markers and binders," you would say, "I bought pen-pen and marker-marker and binder-binder." In some cases, because this takes up a lot of space, you can square the word. Who knew math was involved in langauge?

Other than that, things continue much as they have for the last few months. Three years ago, I was in the Philippines. It's weird to think about traveling now. I don't know when or even if I'll get to travel again. But in the meantime, I keep doing what I can. And I thank you for making that possible!

Stay warm!

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment