Friday, February 18, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: February 14-18, 2022

It's the week of love! Or, if you're like me, it's exactly the same as every other week. I did get a lovely card from my father, but otherwise, Valentine's Day might as well not exist. Except for the movie. That one was kind of cute. 

I did capitalize on the day to do a devotional on Monday about love and society's obsession with love songs. We decided that most were quite shallow and focused on external attributes. 

I completed the fifth English volume for the Village Church Planting curriculum. This one is fairly small, so nothing too complicated. My next project, however, will be quite the doozy. I'm publishing a group of Amharic booklets and then creating a volume of them. Amharic is quite a beautiful language, but it is also one that looks quite complicated. Lots of different punctuation rules and things to look for. 

Thursday was quite a long day. We had to move our monthly production team meeting up to 8am, and if you know me at all, you know I'm not a morning person. Then we had a mini CMF workshop from 10-12ish, talking about all of the changes coming to OMS. (Have I mentioned those on here? I keep forgetting who knows what. That might have to be its own post.) Then we had a T&M committee meeting at 2:30, discussing where we are with current projects and what future languages we should be starting. 

One other thing I do want to mention here - we heard this week that the creator of what became Train & Multiply passed away. George Patterson started writing hundreds of little booklets when he was a missionary in Honduras in the 1950s. He was responding to an immediate need, and his efforts did not go unnoticed. Somehow, the booklets got into the hands of SEAN International - Study by Extension for All Nations. They consolidated the booklets, but it wasn't until they were discovered by Lloyd Niles of Project WorldReach that they started to look more like what we do today. Throughout the history of T&M, we've kept in touch with George and kept him up to date on how his work was being used around the world. I will always be thankful for his legacy.

That's my week in a nutshell. Temps are continuing to roller coaster, which is weird. We went for a walk outside one afternoon this week, and then this morning, I was slipping on ice. Welcome to Indiana. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment