Friday, February 11, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 31 - February 11, 2022

Welcome to the February Funk. 

I don't know who first coined that term, but I am claiming it as my own. But first...

Yes, we did miss a week! Remember when I said snow had finally come to Greenwood? That was nothing compared to last week. Granted, what we got was not what they originally predicted, which I was fine with - no one needs that much ice in their lives. But we did get about 8 inches of snow, which prompted an office closure on Thursday and Friday. 

I'm not able to do much work from home. Firstly, I only have the Internet that occasionally sneaks across the street from the office, so it's spotty at best. Secondarily, I'm pretty much tied to the computer at the office. It has all of the programs and the virtual computer, so I didn't get much done with T&M on those days. But I did still have meetings and other things I could do, and I made up for the T&M stuff this week. I sent off a group of Hindi booklets for proofing, and I published the second group of Tamil! There's a big India training event coming up, so I'm hoping this will put us ahead of the game. 

I've also been working on my next prayer letter this week. This one should be quite colorful, so that's something to look forward to. 

But yeah... the February Funk. I enjoyed the snow, I really did, but now we're getting into the grays and browns before Spring, and it's still dark all the time, and I'm just over being cold. 

The only way out is through, though. So we go on. I don't want to end on a down note. I'm not in a bad place. I just really, really like sunshine. So feel free to send a little my way!

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment