Friday, February 25, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: February 21-25, 2022

Hello from a grey, freezing Greenwood! It turns out we can't have more than one heater plugged in to the ECC hallway or we'll trip a breaker. Oops. I guess I'll just have to wear layers.

I don't have a ton to report this week. I had to take off Monday to fully recover from some awful back spasms I was having over the weekend. 0/10, I do not recommend.

Most of my actual work this week was done on Amharic. There are eight booklets in the group I'm working on, and like I said last week, the punctuation is different. It makes my eyes cross sometimes, which necessitates frequent breaks. Good thing we have a new reception area now! The front lobby has been totally redone, and it looks really nice. You should come see it since I'm depriving you of photos. 

I don't think I have anything else for you. The world is a terrible place right now, and it's depressing. Pray for the people of Ukraine in general but especially for our pastor's and their families there. All except two of our missionaries have evacuated, which is a prayer request in itself. I may have printed walking directions from Greenwood to my parent's home in the event of extreme emergency, but it's still hard for even me to think of what it's like to leave everything behind, not knowing when or if you'll see your home again. Can I send my medical bills to Vladimir Putin for raising my blood pressure?

Breathe. 

Okay. 

Take some time for yourself this weekend. Spend quality time with the Lord.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment