Friday, March 4, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: February 28 - March 4, 2022

This has not been a normal week. 

That seems like a vast understatement, given the circumstances. But still true, nonetheless. 

Personally, it's a weird week because I've been out of the office more than I've been in it. I'm taking care of two dogs right now. They're older, and they live a fair distance from OMS, so I've been working from there as much as possible. 


I've been working on fixing some of the template errors in T&M - little things we've noticed over the years that we constantly have to fix in each language because we haven't had the time to fix the templates. But we're compiling those errors and re-releasing a master set of files. I'm also taking the time to fix some of the English grammar and spelling mistakes so we can re-release those files and not have people call us up and say "Did you know..." and me be polite instead of letting out my frustration because of course I've noticed, I just couldn't do anything about it. 

Anyway. 

This week was also the culmination of The Hairies! As you know (I think I told you), the guys of OMS have been growing their beards out in Janu-hairy and Febru-hairy. Wednesday was the day to measure up. I wasn't really anticipating being in charge of things, but it's funny how things just happen. So Sarah helped me throw something together. I think it went well - we had prizes and everything. The most growth was 7 centimeters, and we had prizes for the best lookalike (look up Hamid Karzai), the best mustache, and the most artistic look. And because it's us, we did a little decorating around the office.


In other news, the world is a mess. More than usual. Which is saying something. It's frustrating when there's very little you can do to help. You can pray. You can donate. But you can't sit everyone down and tell them why they're being stupid and why they need to stop. So I'm doing my best to keep it from taking over my life. 

Not sure I'm succeeding. 

But we carry on. There is hope, and I have to rest in that. 

Have a pleasant weekend, everyone.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment