Friday, March 25, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: March 21-25, 2022

Hermanos y hermanas!

(I'm not even working on Spanish. Why.)

Hello from the frozen landscape of Indiana. I'm not enjoying this brief return to Winter. It is Spring. The calendar says so. 

Speaking of calendars, I discovered this week that I have skipped a whole week in my desk calendar. So I'm no longer wondering why I have felt so discombobulated of late. 

This week has been quite full. I had one pup from Sunday to Thursday, and I have another pup Friday to Sunday. Thankfully, these pups are pretty easy to care for. They are both quite sweet. Plus, they allow me to work from the office. 

I've been working on French this week. But with Brian gone, I'm also fielding a lot of questions about things I don't normally deal with. But I think we have a solid team, and I'm happy to keep things going here while Brian works with refugees in Hungary. Speaking of, you can help provide supplies!

Speaking of speaking of! RADIO IS BACK, BABES! Yes, after literal YEARS, we have once again recorded a radio spot! I don't have the final audio yet, but I do have a lovely example of how we work. Way back before the coof, we had an idea for another superhero spoof. (nice!) When the bosses came to us asking about a spot about Ukraine, we harkened back to our original idea and adapted it. Jason wrote it, got it approved, and then we had to refine it some more once we were in the studio. They always take more time than we think. So here's what we ended up with:


I also had a chance to work with some lovely ladies on a project launching in April.

Julie Bishop is the wife of the Executive Director of OMS USA. You should know Sarah by now. And Lydia is our fantastic editor. 

Finally, we had a production meeting this week. My team has been doing a fantastic job with projects. Eliana just published all of Korean, which has been so long in coming, and Lynae has been formatting Hindi booklets, which is another longstanding project. Veronica continues to do battle with Japanese and Arabic. We're doing two versions of Japanese because there are actually four scripts you can use to write the Japanese language. We're trying to reach as many people as possible. And Arabic is hard because it is right to left and it's hard to see what you're typing in Word because Microsoft is sus. But we are prevailing!

That's about it for the week. Drink something warm, find a good book, and enjoy your weekend. 

Bye!

1 comment: