Friday, October 7, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: October 3-7, 2022

It's a cliche, I know. But seriously...

How is it October already?!

I'm not really down with all the pumpkin crap, but it is undeniable that Fall is upon us. Crazy weather, turning leaves, the scent of wood burning in a fireplace... It's not the worst thing in the world.

Anyway, it has been a relatively productive week. I'm still working on Spanish, but that took a bit of a backseat to other projects. We had a safety meeting on Monday and learned some things about the law that are whack. It's weird what you can and can't do with your own property or business. (Did you know that a person commits an average of three felonies every day? You just don't know because the laws are ridiculous.)

Anyway, the big thing I'm working on this week is the volume for India. We're compiling a bunch of booklets, handouts, and other documents into one giant PDF. My problem right now is that a couple of these documents are different page sizes. It's incredibly frustrating. Could I completely redo some of these documents in InDesign? Yes. Am I going to? Only if I absolutely have to.

I really don't want to.

Seriously, though, I think at one point I actually shook my monitor. So I definitely need this weekend to kick back and not think about work. I do get to hang out with a dog, so that's cool.

Finally, I did have a doctor's appointment this week. Result: surgery. Yes, I will be having surgery in December and then taking the rest of the month off to recover. Send suggestions of things to watch/read/do. 

That's it for this week. Taste something pumpkin, curl up in front of a fire, and have a great weekend.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment