Friday, November 18, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: November 14-18, 2022

This is it. The last weekly wrap-up of the year. Next week is Thanksgiving. The following week is my surgery (at 7 AM!). The rest of December is recovery. So, yeah. This is it.

Try not to cry too much.

I'm feeling the pressure even more this week. I was able to get quite a bit done, but I feel like I just keep adding things to the list. 

Lots of meetings this week. Mostly important, but a couple of them definitely could have been an email. 

I'm still working my way through Spanish booklets. Some booklets are easy because they only have five or six images that need to be changed. But I did one the other day that had at least 30 images. That was a struggle. And of course, they all have to be roughly the same size so you're like a crazy person trying to figure out if someone's head is the same size as another person's head, and are they in the right eye line, and all that jazz. 

I worry sometimes that you think I'm too caught up in the aesthetics of the booklets rather than thinking about what they're used for. Or maybe I'm worried that I am actually more concerned about the aesthetics of the thing. But I know how much that can be a distraction. A book I once read for a history project was so poorly written that I nearly didn't finish in time to complete the project. It was in need of a good editor. If someone isn't looking in the right direction or, to be more specific, if a hand is clutching a piece of paper and yet the side of the paper is still visible in someone's hand, it's distracting. (Yes, that is something I had to fix this week.) I don't want there to be anything that takes away from the message of the booklets. It's too easy for people to attack something for how it looks rather than on the merits of what it says. The same goes for people. How often are we told to look past the surface of something? But it's not easy, so if I can remove those temptations, I will. 

Anyway.

I continue to not sleep well. I'm hoping to catch up on some of that this weekend. But tonight, I am going to see the first two episodes of season three of "The Chosen!" So I hope you have a great weekend, and I hope all of your holiday plans come to fruition, and I hope your New Year is blessed. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment