Friday, January 27, 2023

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 23-27, 2023

For future reference, if you see an 8 in Bengali, it's actually a 4. 

That is probably the sum total of what I have learned this week. I doubt it will ever be useful again. 

But hey, knowledge is power and all that jazz, and it's not like I learned something bad, so I'm counting it as a win. 

This week has been a bit topsy-turvy. I'm cat sitting this week, which means I'm 20 minutes further away from the office than normal. So when we had five inches of snow and some ice on Wednesday morning, I made the executive decision to stay with the cat. I'm sure she didn't appreciate it as much as I did, but we made do. Also because of the storm, OMS cancelled the in-person Board meetings this week and held them on Zoom instead. I'm sure that decreased the anxiety levels of most people around here. I, of course, have little to do with the Board, so it was no skin off my nose.

Sarah has been in Thailand for the last two weeks, so it has been quiet around here. She's good for getting me out of my seat to walk around a little. 

In addition to the Bengali volume, I did a mock-up of the front cover. It needed to be identifiable as T&M but also not, since it will be used in a country that is less than friendly toward certain activities. Ahem. So I've been playing around with some of the less obvious graphics we use. 

And, I don't know if I ever told you this, but I've also been working on the T&M Facebook page. I neglected our social media for a long time, and I felt it was a good idea to get back into things and get our name recognition up a bit. I think it is working, but do you know how hard it is to come up with appropriate social media posts? I'm terrible at it. But needs must. 

I think that might be it for the week. This time of year is never terribly exciting. I'l see what I can do in the future. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment