Friday, January 6, 2023

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 3-6, 2023

Hello, friends! Yes, it's true, I am back in Greenwood and back in the office. Is it too soon? Probably a bit. But I was going stir crazy.

So, yes, my surgery did take place on December 2. It ended up taking about 80 minutes - not that I was aware of anything after the anesthetist told me she was going to start the oxygen. I had some trouble waking up, but my mom was there to keep prodding me. I didn't appreciate it at the time, but she has been an absolute rock during my recovery. 

I spent most of December sleeping or laying down or writing or watching sports. Very low impact activities. I think I'm healing quite well, though I will find out for sure next week. My only issue is the inability to wear anything other than leggings so I don't rub against the incisions too much. 

As for work, I'm still getting back into the swing of things. I sat at my desk for about 20 minutes on Tuesday just trying to remember exactly what I do. Fortunately, most of this week was spent in meetings or working on correspondence. I'm sure next week will be more intense. 

Thank you all for your prayers over the last month. I appreciate all of the messages, cards, and emails. I'm hopeful that this surgery will solve many issues and allow me to work toward better health.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment