Friday, July 21, 2023

The Weekly Wrap-Up: July 17-21, 2023

Tamil is well on its way to being published! I've made it through three groups this week, and I'm pretty pleased with them so far. 

We had a medical emergency that I witnessed on Tuesday. One of our retirees fell and broke her hip in the lobby. I'm officially on the insurance form for the building as a witness. It's not how any of us envisioned our day going, I'm sure. The retiree had surgery, so please pray that everything heals well with minimal pain.

That was actually kind of the theme for the week. Unexpected events. I'm sure I'll elaborate more in the future, but I'm struggling a bit. I received news this week that wasn't at all what I wanted to hear. I'm working on sorting out the repercussions, but I could use some extra prayer as well. It just means my emotions are a little closer to the surface than I usually like them to be, so I apologize in advance for the snark. I cover my vulnerability with sharp, pointy things. Like a hedgehog. Or a porcupine. 

Anyway, next week Sarah and I will be speaking at my parent's home church, so if you're in Huntington, you'll find us at New Hope UB around 2 on Monday afternoon. If you want to hear more, I'd be happy to meet one-on-one as well.

Have a great weekend. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment