Friday, January 19, 2024

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 15-19, 2024

Ey up!

The week started off strong as I overslept my alarm. Go me. I decided to treat it as an early birthday present because there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it. 

I'm still working on published files. I got another language done with those, but I've had to pause that work so I can do a group of Amharic. That is the language spoken in Ethiopia. It uses a really cool script, and it's one of the few that actually takes up less space than English. That makes my job really easy. 

So, my birthday was on Tuesday. It was a great day, despite the cold. I'm used to being cold on my birthday. But my coworkers took me out to lunch and gave me really fun gifts. It was a great day, continued Thursday evening with dinner at K-town. It's a newer restaurant that does Korean bbq and hot pot. I'd never done hot pot before, so that was a fun experience! 

This has been a quiet week overall. The weather keeps many people home, and while I do get more done when it's quiet, I also do like to see people on occasion. 

Shocking, I know.

That's it for this week. I hope you stay warm and cozy. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment