Friday, January 26, 2024

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 22-26, 2024

Ey up!

It's Board week, everyone. 

By which, of course, I mean that the Board is here and I avoid them as much as possible. Except I failed because I was asked to sing for the special Board chapel and I wasn't sick enough to legitimately cancel and then someone had the bright idea to offer a free lunch as a bribe for talking to Board members and I'll do a lot for free food. 

Whatever. It's over. I survived. Barely scathed. 

On the bright side, I got some actual work done this week. I finished my group of Amharic booklets and was able to then put together the volume for term four of Village Church Planting. That was eight booklets worth of material. In a language that looks like hieroglyphics.

My brain is mush.

Plus I had a cold this week. Monday was the scratchy throat. Tuesday was the throat and head congestion. Wednesday was the mucous-filled sinus cavities. Thursday was the sinuses and chest congestion. Today is the clean-up cough. It's progressing nicely. (It was actually advantageous for Thursday's singing. I was doing harmony, and I think I was about an octave lower than everyone else.)

I have a lot coming up, so I'm going to value my weekend. I hope you are able to do the same. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment