Monday, July 2, 2012

Claim to Fame for June

I'm thinking about making this a thing. I'd call it 'What made me awesome in the month of ...?' But we'll see. Obviously I'm always awesome. But it's not always limited to a specific month.

But last month it was! What made me awesome in the month of June? I was the Cruise Director for the Resounding Hope contest! (I don't particularly know the rules of this contest. But I still won.)

I was the top donator of funds for Resounding Hope in May, so I became the Cruise Director for June. What did that entail?

I got to wear an awesome hat.


I got a parking space!


(Which was somewhat anticlimactic as I walk to work. But I put a lawn chair out there a couple of days and soaked up the sun.)

My pic and bio was displayed for the OMS world to see.


We're the ones on the far left.

What did my bio read?


I think Resounding Hope is a great project, so I decided to take it on as my personal mission project for the year. In my enthusiasm for this project, I wanted to get more people involved, so I’ve been encouraging my family and friends to donate spare change. I also discovered a great trick – if you carry cash, try separating the $5 bills from the rest. This can act as your ‘savings,’ and it adds up quickly! One other idea I’ve had is converting many of my books to digital form on my portable reading device – then I sell the physical copies to a place like Half-Price Books and use the money I receive for missions. (I have more ideas, but I’m saving them for my department. Sorry!)

What other ideas did I refer to?


We did a bake sale! It was actually more of a random thought that came out of my mouth, and Lori ran with it.

So that was my claim to fame for June! Woohoo! Support Resounding Hope!

(If you do happen to donate to Resounding Hope - which you should! - tell them I told you to. I really liked the hat.)

1 comment:

  1. I really like the five dollar bill idea. I'm so glad our Communications department jumped on board with this. When I first came to OMS I was really impressed with the concept of Resounding Hope and I still am. I'll be thinking of ideas... Thanks for sharing your awesomeness, girl! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete