Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mackinac Bridge 221-230

So I went on vacation. It was pretty fantastic, though not nearly long enough. I went with my parents to St. Ignace, Michigan, way up yonder in the U.P. It's a beautiful place with plenty of photo opportunities, but unfortunately, not a lot of variety.

Which is why you have this. 10 photos of one bridge.

But they are all different. And they are all awesome.

So there.


221


 The Mackinac Bridge, late afternoon. If you're in the neighborhood on a Friday, take the Vespers cruise around the bay. It's a nice tour.

222


223


I thought being on the bridge was terrifying. Being under it is crazy as well, especially when you can hear the cars going over.

224


Also, try to avoid the shipping lanes.

225


226


I like this one a lot.

227


And this one.

228


This one was taken about two miles off. Here's what it looks like during the day:


It's really difficult getting photos at night. Not many good places unless you're on the water.   I didn't have that chance. But I did...

229


...have a telescope. Of sorts. You know those viewers you pay to turn on at scenic overlooks? I put my camera up to one of those.

Pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

230


On the last day, we had to cross the bridge in a cloud.

Freaking.

Terrifying.



I have a lot more photos of the bridge, pretty cool ones, too. Let me know if you want to see them.

And if you're from the Michigan Board of Tourism, these photos are up for sale.

1 comment:

  1. 223 - This one's cool!
    224 - 'Yeah, that'd probably be best.'
    226 - Me too!
    228a - wow!
    229 - You're amazing!
    230 - Aye, aye, aye!

    Board of Tourism - nice.

    ReplyDelete