Thursday, July 30, 2015

Anger

I watched a video yesterday of Jimmy Kimmel crying over a lion. I read articles about how universally loved this lion was. I listened to rants from radio personalities about how annoying Americans are.

And then I watched a leaked video in which people who worked for Planned Parenthood discussed the dissection of children and the subsequent sale of their body parts.

Why do we care more about a dead lion than a dead human being?

At what point do people realize the horror of 50 million murdered children?

How do you justify such an act? How do you perform such an act?

I have half a mind to take up hunting and start shooting every single endangered species until there's nothing left.

Of course, I won't. Do you know why? Because I value life. All life.

This is not one of those cases where we can sigh and shake our heads and wonder why we're surprised that non-believers are sinning.

Children are being murdered. We should be shocked and horrified by that, whether we are believers or not.

So am I sad that the lion is dead? Sure.

But that lion could never have discovered the cure for cancer. Found a way to get to Mars. Raised a family. Taught Math at an underprivileged school. Become a professional athlete. Saved someone from a fire.

Or the fifty million other things those children could have done if they hadn't been murdered and sold as spare parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment