Thursday, July 23, 2015

... what?

Do you ever start a blog post, leave it for a few weeks, open your draft file, and not have any clue what you intended to write or where it was supposed to go?

Yeah, that's this post. Here's what I had written:


On Monday in our prayer meeting, we read through 2 Timothy 1:7-12.

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, for which I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher, which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.

We were focusing on verse 7, but my attention was drawn to 


And that's it. That's where I stopped. I probably got distracted by something. I remember the intent, sort of. I was going to relate this passage to WALL-E. Somehow.

I had just seen the movie, and something about these verses reminded me of the scene where the two pudgy humans got their vid screens knocked out and had to start actually interacting with the world around them. For the life of me, though, I can't figure out where I was going with that analogy or how it even popped into my head.

Anyway, that movie has some very compelling points to it. It also raises some horrifying questions. For example, were those babies cloned? Because clearly the adults were not cognizant enough of the world around them to be boinking. There is a whole line of questioning here that just really should not be explored. And yet I can't help it.

See, it's not always going to be gold. Sometimes you just have to shove the crap at the universe in order to make room for the good stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment