Friday, September 16, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-Up: September 12-16, 2016

I feel very accomplished this week.

I love weeks like that.

On Monday and Tuesday, I was able to upload new files without watermarks to our download app. If it sounds like something I've done before, you're partially correct. A few weeks ago, I was securing ESP files. ESP stands for something really technical, but really just means the single page files instead of booklet-style pages. We don't let people print those (not sure why, and I've asked, but I'm not dying on that hill), so we have to securify them.

This week, I had to do something similar to the A4 and Letter size booklet files. These we do need to print, but we also need to make sure nothing can be changed in the file. So I created the macro to process them as a batch without any help! (Seriously, it's the little things in life.) Macros make life easier, but there were still hundreds of files, so it took some time to securify them, upload, and zip them up.

I'm also working on the new landing page for T&M. This is something I've been working on for a while in the background while I learned the program, but I felt I had a pretty good grasp of things, so I gave it a whirl.



Not bad, if I do say so myself. There are still a lot of things that need to be sorted, but this is the first thing people will see in the future when they are introduced to T&M (minus the yellow lightning boxes), so it has to be pretty. I imagine it will change quite a bit in the future, but I think it's a decent first effort. 

That pretty much took the rest of the week. I'm good. But I'm also thorough. Good work takes time. 

I'm doing double duty today. My mom is in town running a garage sale for some folks on campus, including me. She's a lovely lady, so I'm making sure she has everything she needs. 

Because I'm a good daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment