Friday, September 9, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-Up: September 7-9, 2016

Short week.

Not gonna lie.

I like short weeks.

This week felt even shorter than it would normally. Sure, we got Monday off for Labor Day. And I took Tuesday off for the drive back and to take care of some things you can't do on weekends. But Wednesday was the half day of prayer, so automatically, that's another three hours that isn't spent working. (Sure, prayer is part of our work. A big part. But it's hard to see things being accomplished.)

I was going to use Wednesday afternoon to get caught up with email and the usual maintenance stuff on regular projects. But then I got called into a meeting last-minute. Not a last-minute meeting, mind. This was a regularly scheduled program. I just wasn't scheduled to be in it until five minutes before it started. Unlike many meetings, I felt that this one actually accomplished something. Which is good, because it lasted three hours. I stayed late to make sure some of the more pressing stuff would be done.

I finally cleared out the jetsam Thursday morning before I went to a Lunch & Learn meeting. It's exactly what it sounds like: we eat lunch and learn things. Specifically, we were learning more about the Grip-Birkman personality report. Not sure if I've mentioned this before. It's a personality test that all OMS applicants take. It's not a psych test or anything, and it's more in-depth than Meyers-Briggs or others. I took a course last year on how to coach someone through their report. I find it fascinating, and you really learn a lot about yourself. Maybe I'll do a post about it and explain some of the more interesting facets of my personality.

Anyway, immediately after that, I helped Carolyn with the church history stuff again. It's Orientation week, and we had ten-ish people here learning about OMS and how we operate. Once again, I drew the timeline while she gave the presentation. I still don't know why as I still can't draw. But I have fun. And I sneak in pop culture references.


I worked on an interesting project yesterday. I was trying to determine the exact number of countries in which T&M is used. This is not an easy task as the whole point of T&M is to pass it on, and we've trained several mission agencies that work in many different countries. But I can approximate based on correspondence, license agreements, partnerships, and such. 

I was surprised at the results. Sure, we bat around the "more than 40 countries" language, but I didn't realize that it was more like 87. I can confidently state that you will find Train & Multiply materials in at least 87 countries. And it's not just the ones we always hear about. 

Of course, there were 226 countries on that list. Way I see it, we've got 139 countries left.

Will you help?

No comments:

Post a Comment