Friday, September 23, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-Up: September 19-23, 2016

Did you know you can make forms in Google Drive? I sort of maybe had a general idea that it was possible.

Now I've made six. I told you before that the landing page would inevitably change, and sure enough, I made a few more changes this week, mostly with the forms. Instead of creating separate web pages for the various contact points, I just made forms that people can fill out. It's really nice to do it this way, actually, because the responses go directly to the contact email address, which I'm already manning. Womaning. Overseeing.

Anyway, I showed my progress to our Information Services guy, and he told me he liked my work. He doesn't just tell people that if he doesn't think it, so I'm quite happy with that result. Just a few more tweaks, I think.

I also brainstormed, proofed, and recorded a new radio ad. That all came together in about two days. Please don't think that this is normal. We got lucky this time because the idea just sparked, and I used some personal experience to inform the opening, which segued nicely into the rest. You can listen to that here.

Finally, I received some files from our London friend to work on. I'm finalizing the first Estonian proof. Estonian looks very Dutch or German, so it's actually pretty easy to do. No crazy characters or weird spacing. It'll still take me a while, but it means we're finally moving forward with translations.

Also, it would stand to reason that, in the week I have a ton of stuff to do that requires incredible concentration, I would get interrupted a million times with impromptu meetings. Go figure.

I'll be off next week, so unless I do another rambling post about dodgy doctrine (that's catchy!), you won't hear from me for a bit.

Hüvasti 

No comments:

Post a Comment