Friday, October 7, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-Up: October 4-7, 2016

Welcome back, everyone!

I feel like I need three or four blog posts to cover everything I did on my week off. I was all over the place. I was up, I was down, there was fire, there was rain ... seriously. Suffice to say, I had a really great time, met awesome people, spent time with family, spent a lot of time in a car, and just genuinely had a fantastic experience.

Then I came back to work.

:D

Actually, this week was decent. I always come back to a lot of stuff, but it felt more manageable this time for some reason. I don't think I've caught up on email yet, but I'm not sure anyone ever can unless they spend all day with it.

I was still traveling back Monday, so I didn't get to the office until Tuesday. Immediately, I started back into the project I was working on before. I had to finalize a few more Estonian booklets, which is always fun. There are some really interesting words that stand out.


Apparently, Princess Leia was actually from Estonia, not Alderaan.

We had a prayer rally scheduled this week, but because the day happened to be the same one when Franklin Graham was coming with his Decision 2016 tour to Indianapolis. Someone donated a bus to get us all downtown, and we actually left around 9:30 and didn't get back until 2:00. It was a nice time, nothing I've never heard before, and a lot about his dad. I think it would be hard to live in the shadow of Billy Graham for your entire life, but I think he's done an admirable job.


We had a special chapel on Thursday because our partners from the Korea Evangelical Holiness Church were here. The General Superintendent gave a very nice talk about how there are three types of people in the world: those who live to survive, those who live to succeed, and those who live to serve. I really enjoyed what he had to say. 


Friday seems to be a training day, and today was no exception. But it was good. I learned a lot, and we were able to clear up some things that I hadn't understood about the whole process of production. 

But I'm ready for the weekend...


1 comment:

  1. I knew I should start over from the beginning and read more carefully when my brain saw, " I was up, I was down, I was fire,..."

    ReplyDelete