Friday, June 23, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: June 19-23, 2017

So normally I take notes on what I'm doing in any given day during the week. You wouldn't think it would be hard to remember what I did all week - but it is. I blame the fact that I was dropped on my head as a baby. (Which I was; or rather, I was bounced off a bed onto the floor. Thanks, Jen.)

I'm going to do my best.

I continued on with Portuguese for most of Monday and Tuesday. I really don't like doing multiple groups at a time because it feels like you'll never finish. But sometimes it's good because you're doing the same thing on multiple files. It would be more annoying to go back and forth between languages and stages of production.

I had to pause Portuguese when Hakha Chin came down the pipeline. It's a higher priority as there's a training event coming up. Now it's not Haka like the dance--



Though that would be awesome. (I generally don't see those unless I'm watching New Zealand rugby, and that is always a delight. You should go YouTube the All Blacks sometime.)

Anyway, Chin is of course a language in Myanmar (and a people group), and Hakha Chin is one dialect that is used by the folks we train.

So I'm finalizing the first group. Which is taking a long time because HC is another language that uses twenty words where English uses ten.

It's also taking a long time because this week has been insane. I mentioned it's People Time, right? So there have been many meetings, and then the Board meetings yesterday and today. It makes for quite a variety of activities.

One such activity is the cause of the teaser I gave last week about. We had a Ladies Luncheon for the Board wives today, and I played a small role as Lettie Cowman. See, we were highlighting the many books that have been written over the years by OMS missionaries. And of course, Lettie kicked it all off. So I was asked to give a few words from her perspective. I've been working on this for weeks. I did a lot of research, perused many a Goodwill, and searched in vain for audio of Lettie's voice.


But I think it went well.



Seriously, it was the highlight of my week. Next week, I'm back in the trenches.

1 comment:

  1. I believe Lettie would have been pleased. Well done!

    ReplyDelete