Friday, June 30, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: June 26-30, 2017

I'm awesome.

I know, I know, I'm tooting my own horn. But really, if I don't do it, who will?

Seriously, though, I was able to finish my bit of Hakha Chin by Tuesday, which is good, because they'll be training in it in two weeks.

Nothing like getting the job at the last minute, eh?

(Happens quite a bit, actually.)

Instead of going straight back to Portuguese, I took the time to write my latest prayer letter. I really hope people appreciate these. They are hard to write. Sometimes, it's hard to condense everything that has happened into short, meaningful blurbs. Sometimes, it's equally hard to stretch an uneventful period into an interesting, adjective-infested essay.

And don't get me started on pictures.

But it's important. For many, it's the only thing they'll see out of me for the next two months.

Alas, I did start working on Portuguese again. But sporadically, as there are many other smaller projects to be done.

All of which wreak havoc on my ADD.

Anyway, it's a short one, I know. There just aren't enough adjectives in the world to make this week any more interesting.

(Incidentally, I've also been preparing for the UB Conference that is rapidly approaching. If you'll be attending, please make a special effort to come visit me at the OMS booth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment