Friday, June 9, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: June 5-9, 2017

Did you miss me last week? Miss my special brand of witticisms and charm?

Good.

I can't honestly say I thought about you at all last week.

Sorry.

Seriously, though, it was a really nice week off. I needed some rest and relaxation. I had a lovely day at the lake, spent some time at the Forks of the Wabash, had great conversations with my parents, and generally just slept. Sleep is really nice, you know?

Of course, work is work. And I had my usual 3.5 hours of meetings on Monday morning. But it was okay. My boss is back, if still a little under the weather. So that's good. Thanks for the prayers.

I've spent most of the week working on new text for the landing page. Well, for one of the options on the landing page. We're combining all of the FAQs, history, etc. into one page. My best moment in this job? Reducing the vast history of Train & Multiply to four lines.

I rock.

We had a cool prayer rally this week that was all about missionary kids. Did you know we have almost 300 missionary kids within OMS? I had no idea there were that many. MKs go through many of the same thing adult missionaries do, except they often don't have the emotional capacity to process everything (not sure all the adults do, either, but that's neither here nor there). People expect a lot out of them, too, which is something I'm familiar with as a PK.

I helped out with orientation again yesterday. We only have three participants this time, along with our five interns at times, but it was as fun as ever. I'm not an artist by any means, but I do my best, and people seem to find it entertaining at the very least.


Here's something for the future - we're doing a 5K here (which you can come join, actually) to raise money for Bridge to Reading, which is our literacy program at OMS. I'm participating, and I have a team page where you can sponsor me. This is a really great program, and I love that we're bringing the written word to people across the globe.

I think next week will pick up quite a bit. I fully anticipate a crazy busy summer, just like always. As a heads up, I will be attending the UB conference in Pennsylvania as a rep for OMS. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment