Friday, January 4, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 2-4, 2019

Oh, hey, it's Friday. Totally forgot for a second. Or twelve. Or all day.

I have had no idea what day it is for about two weeks now. It's amazing I made it back into work.

But I did.

I hope you all had an excellent holiday. I had a lovely Christmas and a decent New Year. I've made my resolutions, and so far, I'm actually keeping them. We'll see how that goes.

Work this week is still rather quiet. I imagine we'll see most people coming back Monday. I considered taking the rest of this week off, but I really couldn't see the point. Of course, that might explain why HR wanted to talk to me about the massive amount of vacation days I had left.

We've changed our chapel format. Everything is on Wednesday now, so we had a brief get together. I think this schedule will work nicely. I like consistency.

I'm all about Estonian this week. Fortunately, my notes served me well, so I knew where I had left off. I don't like stopping in the middle of a project. It just makes me nervous. I have to double check everything. But I think I'm close to getting five groups published. I had to take a brief break to get group 12 out the door, but that wasn't too bad. I just want these files to be perfect since we've had to unpublish some books and hunt down files. So I'm probably being a bit more OCD than usual. But that's good, because I caught at least three major things that I hadn't seen before. Which just makes me wonder what else I haven't caught.

But I can't let myself get bogged down in that. If I do, I'll never finish a project. So I'm going to publish on Monday, and then I'm not going to think about it again. (I'm getting flashbacks to sophomore year of college and being Editor of the newspaper. Wow... those were some late nights.)

That's about it for this week. More hijinks to come. Sorry no photo this week. My phone is running out of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment