Friday, February 15, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: February 11-15, 2019

Do you ever have those days/weeks that are perfectly fine and then you have a moment right at the very end that just throws everything way off and you can't understand how you were fine ten minutes ago but now you're not sure which way is up?

Yeah, me neither.

Anyway, my week was pretty good. Nothing Earth shattering. OMS as a whole has been keeping an eye on things in Haiti and finally made the decision to bring most folks back to the States. I know it was a hard decision, but things have gotten quite bad there rather quickly, so I think it makes sense. Please pray for the national workers, teachers, and students who do not have the ability to leave such a volatile situation.

My prayer letter will be going out next week thanks to the time I spent on it this week. I try to make it interesting, but if you ever have anything you'd like to know that I'm not covering, please feel free to ask. I'm always happy to share more.

I'm working on a training model for T&M production. I was trained over a few years, which isn't overly conducive to rapid output, so I'm hoping to develop some tools that will make the process easier and faster. It's quite a complex process, though not difficult, so I'm trying to figure out what to cover in what order.

In the midst of this, I managed to get another group of Hakha Chin done. But I interrupted the last group so I could get some Spanish NVI formatted. It's fitting into the RVR booklets well, but there are some significant differences in length for certain verses. I've been spending quite a bit of time on Bible Gateway calling on my high school Spanish.

Our staff briefing this week went over the allotted hour. I did learn some things, but my eyes glazed over a bit toward the end, so I lost most of it. I'd listen to the recording, but I don't think I can put myself through that again.

On an unrelated note, it was cold shoulder week. I didn't realize until someone pointed out that I'd worn a shirt that showed off the shoulders two days in a row, and I decided to see if I could go all week. You'll have to take my word for it because I didn't think to take pictures, and what would pictures have proved, anyway? That I have shoulders? Stop the presses.

I told you, we ended in a weird place today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment