Friday, February 1, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 28 - February 1, 2019

Well, now. This has been an interesting week. Some of it I can talk about, some of it I can't yet. But suffice to say, paradigms have shifted, things I thought true on Monday are not true on Friday, and I generally just don't know which end is up anymore.

Right.

Let's get the first thing out of the way - yes, it's cold this week. It was extremely cold. I still walked to work. My nose hairs froze. I questioned why I live in Indiana.

Then I got over it like all rational people should. It's Winter. This is what happens.

Lots of admin stuff this week. I had to get Korean ready for Marie and Spanish NVI created. We're publishing Spanish RVR right now, so NVI is partially dependent on that being done. And believe it or not, those abbreviations did not originate in ECC. They are actually Scripture versions. We started the Spanish translation with the RVR - essentially, the equivalent to the King James Bible. This is useful for some of our fields, but many of them asked for a more recent translation. Hence, the need to update the files with NVI. Fortunately, we were thinking ahead and actually separated all of the Scripture quotes from the rest of the text. So all we need to do is change those and we're golden. Everything else has already been translated into modern Spanish. But I still need to create files. So that's been fun.

(Of course, all of this is Latin American Spanish. We'll do a third Spanish translation for Spain Spanish. We have the same issue with Portuguese and French. Portuguese actually has three potential venues - Brazil, Mozambique, and Portugal. That also means three potential art sets. You didn't actually ask for any of this information, but I'm giving it to you anyway. So there.)

I had my Performance Review this week. You'll be happy to hear that no one has filed a complaint against me this year, so go me! Seriously, though, I think it went well. We have some goals for the year even, so we're ahead of the curve.

The Koreans were here this week for meetings. I always like hearing from them in chapel. We have a long history with the Korea Evangelical Holiness Church, and they do amazing things around the world. Plus, I'm trying to get some booklets done for them, so it's cool to chat with the folks who use the material.

I was reminded today that God works in ways we don't see and often has set things into motion long before we realize they are needed. Nothing comes as a surprise to him, and I will argue (and have argued) with any open theists out there who want to disagree.

Wow. That turned a little aggressive. Sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment