Friday, June 19, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: June 15-19, 2020

Well, the pandemic is over. Quarantine is cancelled. Everyone can stop panicking now (whether it's at the disco or not).

What? It's still happening? Huh. That is not the impression I'm getting any time I venture further from my front door. People be crazy.

But the office is once again open. Partially. Not everyone is back, but the population has increased significantly. We're all wearing masks in the halls now, and casual wandering or exercise in the halls is 'discouraged.' I mainly hang out in my office, and when it's nice, I take breaks to walk outside. Fortunately, we've had decent weather for it. So far.

My projects this week have been all over the place. I had a lot of little things that needed to be done in order to advance larger projects. Those kinds of things are great when you're easily distracted and looking for a short project. But I was also doing more VCP editing. I'm close to being done with the current series, and then I'll have about 35 more lessons to edit. I'm told that interface will be easier, but we'll see.

I also managed to finish my prayer letter! It occurred to me that I was getting perilously close to the end of June without having done that, and I couldn't wait too much longer since the bulk mail envelopes take longer to get out. But I think it's ready to go now, so you'll get to see... well, a lot of stuff I've already talked about on here, to be honest. But who am I kidding, most of my supporters don't read my blog, so that's fine.

We have a new member of ECC in the office! Alex started on Wednesday (weird time to be starting a new job, I know), and she will be assisting Brian with VCP admin and 'other duties as assigned.' We like to stick that phrase into contracts so that they can't complain when their job ends up looking nothing like what they were hired for. We're excited to have Alex on board, and I'm hoping she can free up some breathing room in VCP land.

And that was my week in a nutshell. I switched meds (again), so prayers for that are appreciated. I hope you all have an excellent weekend!

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment