Friday, June 26, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: June 22-26, 2020

Welcome to my island. Watch your step.

So, we came in Monday to a flood. Fortunately (for me, but not for others), it was localized at the other end of the hall. I feel bad for everyone whose office was trashed and thankful that mine wasn't. But now all of us are subjected to the sound of giant fans and the smell of mildew. Fun times. Also, they still don't know what caused it, so this may be an ongoing concern.

This was something of a catch-all week for me. There were a lot of smaller projects that wouldn't take a ton of time, so I tried to knock out as many as I could. That included a group of French booklets, the two new booklets in Mizo Chin (back from proofing), VCP editing, and some Spanish booklets. On Friday, I spent the morning covering the front desk. Then the rest of the day was spent tidying up and getting ready to take a week off.

Yes, I will be out of the office next week. Partly for the 4th, partly to see family, and partly for my own peace of mind. All these med switches have taken a lot out of me, not to mention the global pandemic that is still very much happening. It's past time for a little break.

So, try not to miss me too much, practice social distancing, and try not to blow yourselves up.

Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment