Friday, August 14, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: August 10-14, 2020

I've been really bad this week about keeping track of what I've been doing. I just know I've tried to be very quiet about it because Sarah and the others have been doing an online training event. They've developed a program called "The Disciple-Making Journey" and have about 40 people participating. They were on two days this week and will be on two days the week after next. So when I had meetings (of which there were many), I made sure my door was closed. Which is very sad and lonely. 

But that's life, sometimes. I'm starting to really feel the impact of being so isolated. It's rough. And chances are it isn't ending anytime soon. But we press on. 

You'll notice I posted a short reflection on my 10-year anniversary. I've also been working on my next prayer letter, which will also look back on 10 years with OMS. It can feel sometimes like you aren't moving, but when I look back at old blog posts and Facebook statuses and diary entries, I can see just how much I've lived through and done and seen, and I remember the people I've met. This year, of course, changed a lot of things, but it happens more often than we realize. I guess our norms just shifted a little more rapidly this time rather than the gradual changes to which we've become accustomed. 

This too shall pass.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment