Friday, August 7, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: August 3-7, 2020

How is it August already? That doesn't seem possible.

Weird time notwithstanding, we now find ourselves drifting inexorably into the latter half of the year. Whatever goals we set back in January are well and truly null and void by now, unless they were to learn how to hibernate and shun our fellow man. Which comes close to what I try to do every year, so maybe we're not as far off as we could be.

I find myself drifting in other ways, mostly to do with concentration. It's a good thing we have a lot of projects going on because I flit from one to the next like a hummingbird searching for nectar. And yet I am apparently devoted to this overly poetic turn of phrase today.

I blame it on my discovery of "The Magnificent Seven." The TV show, not the movies. There is a character therein who possesses a most loquacious spirit, and I find myself emulating said gentleman with impunity.

I think I'm done now.

So, projects. I'm publishing English booklets in different art sets. I'm also using the opportunity to make note of some things we can change or improve the next time around. Not that I think it will be soon, but it's good to take the opportunity while it's there.

I did have something vying for my attention this week, and that was my 10-year recognition lunch on Wednesday. Yes, inexplicably, I have made it 10 years with OMS. That seemed unlikely at best when I started, but here I am, still plugging away. It is indeed fortunate that God knows us better than we know ourselves, because this is not the path I would have chosen. I'm not sure it's what I would choose knowing all that I know now. It's also fortunate that God doesn't reveal the future all that often these days. I'm not sure we'd follow with such abandon if he did.

Anyway, a post reflecting on those 10 years is coming forthwith. I'll finish it in the same timely fashion that I do everything else. Sooo, sometime next year.

Just kidding. Probably.

Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Anxiously awaiting the 10-year reflection post. Oh, and way to use "impunity" in a blog.

    ReplyDelete