Friday, March 10, 2023

The Weekly Wrap-Up: March 6-10, 2023

Another day, another dollar. Another week, another blog post?

Makes sense to me.

This week was slightly shortened for me. I woke up on Tuesday feeling very meh and ended up trying to sleep off a headache. Fortunately, I felt better by Wednesday. But it does cut into the week. 

I think I mentioned last week that I would be working on getting out an email to all of our T&M license holders and users. As all things do, it turned out to be a bigger project than I anticipated. But I did figure out how to do it without spending any money on email services. Except there's a limit to how many emails I can send per day. It's super fun except for all the ways it isn't. 

And it doesn't just stop once the email is sent. I included a form, and hopefully people actually use the form and give some decent responses. If they do, then I get to chat with them and find out ways to get them what they need. And then there are the emails that bounce, the ones that unsubscribe, the bad addresses, the ones that have changed - I gotta maintain a contact list of about 1700. 

An old OMSer who has since passed on would call it job security. 

I led devos on Monday for our departmental prayer time. We talked about the history of Purim (poo-REEM) and the importance of doing what God asks you to do so that later generations aren't suffering for your lack of obedience. I didn't dress up as anything, though, nor did I provide hammentaschen this year. But if you can find some, I highly recommend them. Especially the apricot. 

To wrap things up further, I'll leave you with this. OMS has been playing host this week to a group of leaders from the Korean Evangelical Church of America. They have a long history with OMS, and they asked to be trained in how to implement Train & Multiply in the U.S. I'm more on the translation and production side of things than the training one, but it was lovely to see so many smiling faces. (And hear their voices!) Their district superintendent spoke in chapel on Wednesday, and I want to share some of what he said. 

Don't settle for being comfortable. 

It's more comfortable to walk than to run.

It's more comfortable to stand than to walk.

It's more comfortable to sit than to stand.

It's more comfortable to lay down than to sit. 

It's more comfortable to sleep than to lay down.

But if you always do what is more comfortable, you will die. 

Try being uncomfortable. Talk to your new neighbor. Sit in a different seat at church. Ask how you can pray for your waiter. Go to church on Sunday instead of watching online. 

This isn't just for you. I've been a little too comfortable for a while now. It's time to be uncomfortable again. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment