Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday



Sorry. I had to do it.


Bit of a late start today. This is typical for a Friday. It feels like the whole week is weighing down on me. I was counting down the hours until I could go back home.

But my Avon order came this morning. I'm starting on Christmas presents, and this will cover a couple for my mom. She's very easy to shop for. My dad is not so easy. At the moment, I'm at a loss, but that's why I start early.

I got the rest of my letters printed this morning. It's funny how something you can fix in ten seconds with the right part holds up production and causes great anxiety when the part is unavailable. You know what I've learned from this?

Two things, actually.

One: I am a very impatient person.

B: Do not mess with my routine. Ever.

While the letters were printing, I went over to MFM. It was bare bones this morning, like the rest of the office. Fortunately, Emily decided to work on stuff in our department.

Speaking of friends, I don't think I mentioned Arika yesterday. She and I were chatting on and off via instant messenger. This is a frequent occurrence. I've talked about Arika before, mostly about her being a good sounding board and a fellow historian/no- nonsense-allowed woman. Just wanted to say, I'm lucky to have her as a friend.

The morning progressed without incident, but somewhere between lunch and coming back, I developed a headache. It sat in the back of my head for the rest of the day, rather unpleasant, but not much I could do about it.

I think I had more human contact this afternoon than I have ever had in my tenure at OMS on a Friday. Most people don't bother calling because we're notorious for being out. But today, for some reason, I had several phone calls and quite a few visitors. It was weird. If I believed in conspiracies (which I do), I might get a little paranoid.

::looksovershoulder::

Hmm...

Anyway, I also had a short chat with my boss about blogs this afternoon. It's something I've been thinking about for quite a while. As much as I love blogging (it's basically a journal, after all, and I've kept dozens of those over the years), I have really been struggling with various blog-related things. For example, I started this blog for use primarily as a ministry tool to keep everyone updated on trips and day-to-day life. However, I occasionally feel compelled to write about other things, such as politics or religion or other potentially controversial things, and I am hesitant to post because it might be outside my purview. I'm also hesitant to post anything too personal. The nature of a blog makes it almost impossible to know who is reading it, and there are just some things that can't or shouldn't be said to certain audiences.

At the moment, I feel like my blog is really only useful to me personally. I work things out by writing about them, and for that purpose alone, I might be willing to keep the blog going, but with reduced permissions. But I started this blog for my supporters. I want you to know how I am and how you've contributed to God's kingdom by supporting me. I also want you to feel free to contact me at any time. Leave comments! Send emails! I really would love to hear from you.

This is probably something I should be saving for its own post, but I just felt really strongly about it today. I'd appreciate any feedback you might have to offer.

A side effect of all the visitors was missing the webinar I was going to attend at 4. Really, it was a ridiculous time to shoot for, but it promised to be a good webinar about creating successful emails in Vertical Response, which is our email marketing platform, yet another thing of which I am in charge. Ah well... I have another one next week potentially, so I'll just hope that covers good information as well.

I left work a little after 5. Friday is my night to crash. I have to get rid of all the work stuff and just chill out for a bit. I usually go to bed early, which seems odd, I know. But if I can get a good night's sleep and still wake up early enough to feel like I'm not wasting my day, I consider it a win. Besides, I've got plans for tomorrow, plans that require me to be out the door at a certain time.

Tonight, however, was not one of those nights. I went over to Sarah's and we watched the latest Transformers movie. It was good - lots of lovely explosions - but long. Like, super long. Which is why I'm posting this on Saturday, not-

Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you got the toner on Thursday. I didn't realize when I saw you on Friday that you had gotten it. I was frustrated with you as I read Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and the beginning of Thursday.

    ReplyDelete