Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday

Rinse.

Repeat.

I admit, I briefly considered leaving it at that. Thursday is a lot like Tuesday, and I had many of the same problems as yesterday.

But I know you're really, really interested in my life. And truly, this is fascinating stuff.

Remember that individual from Israel who was at lunch yesterday? That was our chapel speaker this morning. And it was good. Like, really good. We learned a lot about Elijah and what a screw-up he was. Good times.

The mass exodus began today. Several people in my department were gone, and the rest of the building looked like a ghost town. This is more common on Friday, but if people are traveling, they get a head start on Thursday. It was very quiet in the building. Sometimes that is a good thing. Sometimes it's not.

I continued to have printer problems. Like, a lot. To the point where I couldn't print anything. I did finally get some letters printed, but it was almost more hassle than it was worth.

Lunch was fun. I watched an episode of Numb3rs. Well, I think I actually fell asleep for a bit because it went from a discussion about absent fathers to a shoot-out. Oh well.

More printer finagling after lunch. It was more quiet than a graveyard in the department, so I put on some jazz, which had the further benefit of keeping me calm.

There was a brief moment earlier in the afternoon when the mailroom informed me that something I ordered had arrived. I was prepared to do a happy dance. Alas, it was the card stock for the end-of-year extravaganza being mailed out to 17,000 people.

I spent the majority of the afternoon (when I wasn't wrestling with the printer) reading our second yet-to-be-released children's book. Editing is one of my true joys, so this was an enjoyable task.

Then, wouldn't you know, 4:00 rolls around and I am informed that my toner arrived! I had 900 letters left to print, and print I did! And I even did my happy dance. (Is it sad that I was this happy about toner cartridges? It feels sad. I'm going to ignore that.)

I spent way too much time on cracked.com when I got home from work. I wouldn't recommend the site to anyone, really, but it does have some rather insightful and hilarious articles.

Are all my Thursdays like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment