Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday

I hate having wet feet.

It occurs to me that I need to explain this. I don't care about having wet feet when everything else is wet, i.e. in the shower or the pool.

(Though that phrase 'get your feet wet' makes me cringe. I don't see why anyone would want to do that.)

However, when it is raining, I despise having wet feet. It almost makes me change my habits to start wearing regular shoes.



Yeah, like that will ever happen.

I set out to complete the printing of prayer letters this morning only to remember that I have no yellow toner. I thought there might be a letter left to print that didn't have any yellow in it. I was wrong. This leaves me with a dilemma. How long do I wait before trying to print somewhere else?

I got sidetracked this morning by an email from my mother with a few possibilities for 2012. I'm hesitant to say anything here, but it's safe to say it's been on my mind all day.

I deleted 93 emails from my inbox this morning. I felt a deep satisfaction about that.


Foster did a photo shoot for Mobilization this morning. Ostensibly, I was there to make them laugh. But really, I was just there to be entertained. They are a fun bunch.

Foster did another photo shoot with my good friend Emily. She has been a real blessing to me here in Greenwood, and we have very similar senses of humor.

Once a month, we have a half day of prayer on Wednesday. It wasn't today, but I didn't want you to miss out on all the fun happenings of a Wednesday. Because really, my whole schedule was thrown off. Not being able to print letters was a little bit like a death sentence. I had serious anxiety issues.

Seriously.

Lunch was fun today. Every week, except during the summer, one of missionaries makes lunch for homeland staff who sign up. I don't always go, but we were having ribs and mashed potatoes and all kinds of good things, so I felt compelled. Plus, it was raining and cold and I didn't feel like walking to my apartment.

Anyway, my boss, who you can always count on for an... um, interesting comes to mind - yes, an interesting experience, was sitting at my table with some other ladies and an individual from Israel. Susan happened to notice that this individual was only eating salad and potatoes and asked, "Are you a vegetarian?"

For those of you who have anticipated the response: Yeah. I know.

Well, this individual just looks at her and says, very calmly, "No. I am a Jew."

As Lori said later, "I just can't get that moment out of my head."

I spent some quality time with the cutting machine early in the afternoon. I've already posted pictures of me before, but just to reiterate, it's quite the power trip. It is indeed the small things.

I continued on my quest to print letters this afternoon. I used the printer in the Comm office since I couldn't use the larger one. It jammed on me several times. I did my best to keep my composure.

I failed.


But necessity is the Mother of Invention. So I improvised. Not that it did much good. But I did get a few letters printed.

Here's hoping the toner arrives tomorrow. Early.



I hate having wet feet.



I had one of my really bad back aches tonight. Usually, I don't have a problem lying on my stomach to use the computer. (Just ask my boss.) Tonight, though, I could barely move. It probably builds up from all the times I do lay on my stomach, but I swear, most of the time it's comfortable.

That being said, I just curled up with my hot water bottle and watched Criminal Minds for the rest of the evening. Early to bed tonight, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment