Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday

I pretty much live for this day. It is my day to do whatever I want. Sort of. It's usually filled with errands and such. But it's my one day to just relax and not think about anything if I so choose.

Of course, if you were on Facebook, you read my post about the Huggy Bear Quik Shop in Huntington calling me at 8:45 this morning. I actually missed the call and they didn't leave a message, but I looked up the number. I can't figure out a reason for the call, so it had to be a misdial, but it just seems so random. Definitely not par for the course.

It did give me a little extra time to get ready for the day, though. I had a special treat. My roommate in college contacted me recently and asked if we could get together. I jumped at the chance. We figured out today that it's probably been at least two years since the last time we saw each other. Far too long. So I drove up to Kokomo and we had a lovely lunch, excellent conversation, and I finally saw The Last Airbender. So-so acting, but an interesting story and pretty nice visual effects. I had an excellent time, and hopefully, this will jump start future visits.

The rest of the day was all right. I watched some Sanctuary, played several games of Mahjongg and tried to get over a headache. Probably shouldn't have kept staring at a screen, but I guess I'm not that smart.

I wish I had more to tell you about today, but that was it.

I love Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment